Have you done the pre-registration?
This creates an account for your student in our new system. Once you’ve submitted your pre-registration, you will receive an automated receipt email. This email will provide specific registration instructions. If registration is open, you will receive a link to the live registration in your receipt email. If registration is not open at that time, you will be added to the email list to be notified as soon as a registration becomes available.
Have you reviewed the session guide?
The session guide has important information about our class offerings and how to progress through our program. It also lists all our classes by genre, which will be important in locating your student’s classes in the online registration. While classes are currently in session, the session guide will be available at the top of this page!
New students: Do you have a list of the class or classes you want to take?
When making your registration list, please note the Class, Class Code, Session List/Genre, and Session type.
Helpful hint: On the left-hand side of the registration screen, you have the option to filter by session type. As a new student, you would want to select the CJ 02 – Youth Beg./New Student category to see all classes intended for brand new students to our program! We recommend also filtering by your student’s age to specify only the classes for which your student is eligible.
Returning students: Find out what level to request.
Coach recommendations occur during the spring/summer sessions. During winter and spring sessions, students are advised to continue registering for the same class.
Please do not submit a request for a higher level than your coach recommendation, or current level unless directed to do so. It will not help your student move up faster and will only serve to slow down the registration process. Coaches always make recommendations based on the assumption that all students want to move to the next level.
Do you have a back-up plan?
There are places in the online system to make one alternate choice per genre of classes. Having a plan back-up plan in place now can help get your class(es) confirmed sooner.
Do you have your method of payment ready?
Payment is required at check-out, and there is no option for offline payment. Having your method of payment ready when you begin the registration process is important as the system will automatically kick you out if idle for more than 15 minutes on the check-out page, and your cart will not be saved. At check-out, you will have several options to pay:
- You may pay in full at check-out using a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Alternatively, you may choose to pay by enrolling in a payment plan. Our payment plans will charge 50% of the total due at check-out, with the remaining balance to be auto-charged on the second billing date. For billing dates, please refer to our Important Dates page.
- If you have a work-study credit or previous over-payment available on your account, you will have the option to first apply the credit balance before paying at registration check-out. Credits will be applied to the family total, not the individual student.
- If you have concerns about payment at check-out, or questions regarding this process, please reach out to email@example.com.
Are you planning to register multiple students?
If you are registering multiple students, it is important that you submit and pay for each student separately. Although the system will allow it, by doing each student separately it makes our process run much smoother.
First, choose which student to register first. Once you have added all the classes to the cart for your first student, select “continue to cart”.
- Next, you will then be prompted to select the student for whom you have selected classes, answer questions regarding that student’s requests, enter any class alternates/back-up options and sign the necessary waivers. When done, select “Continue to cart”.
- On the final page of your student’s registration, you may review all the classes you have already selected for your first student before proceeding.
- Once all requested classes have been added to the cart for one student, please fully check-out, and begin your other student in a new transaction.
Helpful terminology for navigating our registration software:
- Season: This is how Active Network refers to we typically call a session.
- Session: Refers to a single class on our new registration platform.
- Session Type: Our acts and levels are organized by program level descriptors. In the session guide, these appear as the green, orange, pink and light blue categories to denote the level of prerequisites needed.
- Genre: All sessions (classes) are organized by genre. To find your session (class), you will need to know the genre.
- Registration filters: There are many ways to filter the class listing the registration to find exactly what you are looking for. You may filter by age, program/training level, CJ Stay Safe Categories, class times, and genre.
- Fee structure: All fees are found in the session guide and on our Class Prices, Fees and Payments page. Classes are not sorted by fees.
Helpful Hint: How do I quickly search through all of the classes on the registration page?
Our robust course offerings mean that we have a long list of classes for each genre. For a helpful trick to quickly find a class when registering from a computer, please see below.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the registration screen so that you have passed all of the genres in the Session List
- Click on each green “View Sessions” button to expand the windows to list all of the course offerings.
- HINT: By working your way from the bottom of the screen up, you don’t have to scroll through all of the options to get to the next genre.
- Use Crtl F to open the search feature on your browser window.
- Type the name of the class or act you are looking for. You may type just the first few letters, or the whole name.
- Your screen will jump to anywhere on the screen where the searched text appears, allowing you to quickly find and select any class.
Finalizing your Registration
After you have paid and checked-out for all students, your student’s spot in that class is not certain. Our administration team will reach out to families confirming your student’s spot in each class. This is why it is handy to have a back-up plan in case there is not enough space in a desired class. Your student’s spot is determined on a first-come, first-serve basis, which is why it is important to register as soon as you can.
Ready to register? The link to our online registration is made accessible by email to all those who have processed the pre-registration. If you have questions or concerns, feel free email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-699-8229. Welcome to the big top!