Please see below for opportunities available at Circus Juventas
OPPORTUNITIES AT CIRCUS JUVENTAS
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Circus Juventas.
Hiring for two persons (to work a total of 20-24 hours)
Selected weekdays: 2:30-8:30 pm
Occasional Saturdays: 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
Circus Juventas is a tax-exempt nonprofit performing arts circus school for youth, dedicated to inspiring artistry and self-confidence through a multicultural circus arts experience. Circus Juventas enrolls 950+ students in our year-round after school program and 400 students in six weeks of summer camps. The Administrative Department is responsible for the daily operations of the school.
The Office Assistant exists to assist students, parents, and guests of Circus Juventas. This position is highly focused on customer care and is the hub of face-to-face communications within the organization. Tasks and responsibilities range from answering phones, to processing and recording tuition payments, to distributing crucial performance-related materials, to basic data entry. The ideal candidate is out-going, calm under pressure, flexible and friendly. Must be a team player interested in in working in a fast-paced, non-traditional, artistic environment. MUST be interested in learning the intricacies of Circus Juventas programs. This position is perfect for college students interested in learning more about arts/business administration, communications, and education!
(85%) Customer Support
- Work in a customer service capacity with CJ parents, students, and guests (i.e.: answer phones, provide general support, answer questions, etc.).
- Assist with ticket sales (spring and summer).
(15%) Office Support
- Place orders for office supplies.
- Assist with class registration.
- Process payments made for tuition, costumes, merchandise, etc.
- Assist with absence tracking.
- Assist all departments as needed.
- Prior experience working in a customer service/support capacity
- Ability to multitask and thrive in an often unpredictable environment
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to communicate well, both written and verbal
- Ability to think outside the box and be flexible
- Ability to work well with others
- Comfortable learning new tools and software
- Experience/comfort with Microsoft Office suite required
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to Shanna O’Leary: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
Circus Juventas works to ensure that all people have equal access to its performing arts classes, performances, employment and volunteer opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation.