Please see below for opportunities available at Circus Juventas
OPPORTUNITIES AT CIRCUS JUVENTAS
About the Development Internship Opportunity
We are looking for an individual to help us with the following activities:
- Assist with data entry in Raiser’s Edge and in Excel (gift acknowledgement and categorization of relationships, entering meeting notes into database)
- Assist with prospect research for individual donors, grant funders, and corporate sponsors
- Act as VIP concierge for donors during select summer shows (July 25-August 11, 2019)
- Brainstorm and write updates for Club Circojuvo donor member newsletters
- Assist with Social Media content and strategy for all development-related initiatives
- Assist with Club Circojuvo donor/member/VIP events
- Assist with event planning, preparation, logistics and wrap-up for 25th Year Anniversary Fundraising Gala on November 2, 2019 – tasks include, but not limited to: event marketing and ticket solicitation, auction item solicitation, guest data entry, item cataloguing, data entry, assembling swag for VIP sponsors and guests, day-of event coordination assistance, donor and sponsor acknowledgements
- Additional development-related tasks as assigned
- Fan of events + creative work.
- Computer literacy (especially word and excel).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Database management experience.
- Customer-oriented/Experience in hospitality industry.
- Bonus: Graphic Design experience!
Time commitment: Minimum of 15 hours per week; minimum 3 month commitment, with 6 months desirable. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: Nicole@circusjuventas.org with subject line: Application for Development Intern. No phone calls please.
This is an unpaid position. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference.
About Circus Juventas
Circus Juventas, the largest youth circus in North America, provides year-round circus training to youth ages 2-21 and presents two major public productions each year in the spring and late summer. CJ’s Spring Celebration Performances feature beginning- and intermediate-level students, while the summer production features advanced performers in a Cirque-du-Soleil-style production. CJ also offers a wide range of summer camp options, all of which create a safe space where students can have new adventures in a non-competitive, nurturing environment. Another of CJ’s exciting events is their annual gala, an evening that pairs students’ amazing performances with a three-course meal and more. Dedicated to making classes accessible to all, Circus Juventas boasts a robust scholarship program in addition to their Work-Study Leadership Program, where CJ students age 14+ leverage their circus training to become peer leaders while earning tuition credit. Now celebrating 25 years of excellence in circus arts and youth development, April 2019-April 2020 is featuring a wide range of new and exciting events and performances.
HOW TO APPLY
Circus Juventas works to ensure that all people have equal access to its performing arts classes, performances, employment and volunteer opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation.