Please see below for opportunities available at Circus Juventas
OPPORTUNITIES AT CIRCUS JUVENTAS
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Circus Juventas.
Hiring for two persons (to work a total of 20-24 hours)
Weekdays: 4:00-8:30 pm
Saturdays: 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
Circus Juventas is a tax-exempt nonprofit performing arts circus school for youth, dedicated to inspiring artistry and self-confidence through a multicultural circus arts experience. Circus Juventas enrolls 950+ students in our year-round after school program and 400 students in six weeks of summer camps. The Administrative Department is responsible for the daily operations of the school.
The Office Assistant exists to assist students, parents, and guests of Circus Juventas. This position is highly focused on customer care and is the hub of face-to-face communications within the organization. Tasks and responsibilities range from answering phones, to processing and recording tuition payments, to distributing crucial performance-related materials, to basic data entry. The ideal candidate is outgoing, calm under pressure, flexible, and friendly. Must be a team player interested in in working in a fast-paced, non-traditional, artistic environment. MUST be interested in learning the intricacies of Circus Juventas programs. This position is perfect for college students interested in learning more about arts/business administration, communications, and education!
(85%) Customer Support
- Work in a customer service capacity with CJ parents, students, and guests (i.e.: answer phones, provide general support, answer questions, etc.).
- Assist with ticket sales (spring and summer).
(15%) Office Support
- Place orders for office supplies.
- Assist with class registration.
- Process payments made for tuition, costumes, merchandise, etc.
- Assist all departments as needed.
- Prior experience working in a customer service/support capacity
- Ability to multitask and thrive in an often unpredictable environment
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to communicate well, both written and verbal
- Ability to think outside the box and be flexible
- Ability to work well with others
- Comfortable learning new tools and software
- Experience/comfort with Microsoft Office suite required
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to Heidi D. Johnson: email@example.com. This position is open until filled with priority consideration given to applicants who submit all materials by Tuesday, September 4.
Full-time, salaried position
Circus Juventas is the largest youth performing arts circus school in North America. Established in 1994, Circus Juventas operates as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, dedicated to inspiring artistry and self-confidence through a multicultural circus arts experience.
Circus Juventas is seeking an Assistant to the Executive Director who will be responsible for providing support to the Executive Director. On behalf of the Executive Director, the person filling this role will communicate with others outside and inside the organization, manage busy schedules, and complete complex administrative tasks. An ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks. This person must be exceedingly well organized, highly flexible, and enjoy challenges. This role is challenging but will provide a wide variety of experiences. This particular Executive Director highly values proactiveness and is looking for someone eager to learn and take on ever-increasing responsibilities. It’s an exciting role; no day is the same. The successful candidate will enjoy both engaging high-level relationships one minute and getting the details right the next. Diligence, optimism, and a sense of humor towards life and work are essential.
- Assist primarily the Executive Director with organizational, financial, and personnel administration on a daily basis
- Be friendly and personable while managing heavy communications and calendar scheduling (requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, clients, co-workers, and the general public) to coordinate various complex meetings
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Lead short-term projects and initiatives as requested by the Executive Director
- Respect the need for confidentiality and sensitivity of information
- Have a proven ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority
- Assist the Executive Director with all other related assigned tasks
- Assist other staff as delegated by the Executive Director
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Executive Director
- Follow up on responses to requests and emails to/from the Executive Director
- Greet visitors graciously and in a professional manner; create a good personal image through a neat, clean, businesslike professional appearance and a positive, cheerful attitude
- Answer phones in a pleasant, helpful, and professional manner; direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently; accurately record messages and reliably pass messages to recipient in a timely manner
- Maintain and present the Executive Dashboard and other reports on a timely manner
- Work with the Executive Director to manage his calendar and schedule (board meetings, donor meetings, conferences, regional office visits) including coordinating Executive Director’s global and domestic travel itineraries
- Organize all other meetings to be attended by the Executive Director, including staff lunches, coffees, and board meetings
- Ensures that key dates and events are highlighted to the Executive Director ahead of time
- Ensures that birthdays and other significant events are kept in front of the Executive Director
- Prepare materials, packets, and presentations for Executive Director’s meetings, senior management team meetings, off-sites, and all-staff meetings
- Organize the logistics of board meetings and other key internal meetings
- Coordinate and distribute notes at management meetings as requested
- Type up notes of the Executive Director as requested
- Organize and arrange venues for all other meetings requested by the Executive Director
Records and Documentation
- Maintain records of decisions and ensure action items are clearly recorded for the Executive Director
- Organize documents for signatures of Executive Director and members of executive staff related to relevant projects
- Keep accurate records and files at all times and as appropriate
- Update and maintain database of executive key contacts
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including scheduling and purchasing tickets for Executive Director, executive staff, board members, and key guests as directed by the Executive Director
- Manage Executive Director’s expense reports
- Purchases and sends gifts for key business and industry relationships
- Assist with special projects and reports as required as the Executive Director
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years’ work experience in administrative and personal assistant roles at the executive or similar level
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments
- Ability to compose and edit written materials
- Ability to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people
- Able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at once; ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work flexible hours and on weekends and evenings as needed
- Possesses time-, organization-, and stress-management skills
- Strong commitment to Circus Juventas goals and mission
- A responsible attitude to all aspects of the work
- Kind attitude towards co-workers, volunteers, vendors, and general public
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrates solid work ethics
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Sam Leonard: firstname.lastname@example.org (Email subject line: Assistant to the Executive Director Position). This position is open until filled with priority consideration given to applicants who submit all materials by Monday, August 6.
40 hr/week, salaried position
Weekdays (4 days): 10:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Weekdays (1 days): 12:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Circus Juventas is a tax-exempt nonprofit performing arts circus school for youth, dedicated to inspiring artistry and self-confidence through a multi-cultural circus arts experience. Circus Juventas enrolls 950+ students in our year-round after-school program and 400 students in six weeks of summer camps. The Administrative Department is responsible for the daily operations of the school.
The School Coordinator is the go-to support staff for the Administrative Department. Tasks and responsibilities range from full-on program management, to oversight, to support: the ideal candidate would have the ability to function in both a leadership and support capacity (and often switch back and forth between the two). The ideal candidate is a self-starter interested in in working in a non-traditional, artistic environment. Must be a team player!
(65%) School Logistics Support
- Offer essential technical and logistical support during our four registration periods (fall, winter, spring, and summer). These tasks may include everything from facilitating imports in our database to creating online registration forms to sending class confirmations.
- Manage scheduling, tracking, and communications related to our Youth Leadership Program (in partnership with CJ coaching staff). This is a work-study program, wherein students trade work hours in exchange for tuition credit.
- Manage scheduling, registration, and communications related to our Workshop Program. We host 4-8 guest artists throughout the course of the year; all residencies are carefully scheduled and students are often hand-selected for the workshops.
- Work in a customer service capacity with CJ parents and students (i.e.: answer phones, provide general support, etc.).
- Create communications collateral for internal use (order forms, registration forms, etc.).
- Project manage merchandise orders (work in conjunction with the Business Manager).
- Assist with ticket sales (spring and summer).
- Assist with performance-related tasks as needed.
- Manage additional projects as necessary.
(20%) Volunteer Management
- Build online sign-up tool for volunteers (create schedule, etc.).
- Facilitate volunteer sign-up process for the performance season.
- Act as the liaison between volunteers and CJ Directors.
- Manage all volunteer relationships.
- Manage logistical operations of the year-round program
- Work to expand our volunteer program to integrate volunteers into the day-to-day operations of the organization
(15%) Special Events and Outreach
- Assist our Curriculum and Program Coordinator in the coordination outreach activities.
- Tasks include scheduling performers, coordinating transportation, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years working in customer support, project management, program management, nonprofit administration, and/or communications. Five to seven years’ experience required if no degree.
- Ability to multi task and thrive in an often unpredictable environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
- Ability to communicate well, both written and verbal.
- Ability to think outside the box and be flexible.
- Ability to accept change; capacity to implement change, when necessary.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Familiarity with Education Edge (Blackbaud product) a plus
- Experience with database management a plus
- Experience/comfort with Microsoft Office suite required
- Interest in the performing arts a must
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Heidi D. Johnson: email@example.com. This position is open until filled with priority consideration given to applicants who submit all materials by Monday, August 6.
HOW TO APPLY
Circus Juventas works to ensure that all people have equal access to its performing arts classes, performances, employment and volunteer opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation.