Circus Juventas is expanding our Professional Program to offer world-class, laser-focused training for young adults preparing for a career as working circus professionals. The two-year training program with our world-renowned coaching staff will allow students to develop professional skills, prepare for auditions and festivals, and network with professional organizations such as Cirque du Soleil and other notable professional circus companies.
In CJ’s 27-year history, many alumni of the advanced youth program have gone on to professional careers with Cirque du Soleil, Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey, The Wallenda Family, Bello Nock, The Royal Hanneford Circus, Cirque Mechanics, Cirque Eloize, and many other professional circus organizations. Internationally recognized Director Sun Yanhong will assume official leadership of the professional program along with Rob Dawson. They will build on the comprehensive foundations of CJ to create a custom-tailored experience with a singular goal: get our students out into the professional world of circus.
The CJ Professional Program will feature an internationally-acclaimed coaching and guest artist team to provide training in a selected focus and cross-training in the five circus genres: aerial, acrobatics, balance, juggling, and theater/dance. Our 21,000 sq. ft. arena and wide array of apparatus options will also provide unparalleled opportunities for training in acts such as Russian Cradle, Wheel of Steel, Flying Trapeze, and Russian Swing.
Meet Directors Sun Yanhong and Rob Dawson and learn more at the CJ Professional Program Q & A on Wednesday, August 10 at 3:00 p.m. Questions? Contact Betty@circusjuventas.org!
Thanks to our presenting sponsor:
Circus Juventas 2022-2023 Professional Program Details:
- Students will have an immersive 28 hours per week of training in a two-year program featuring:
- Daily one-on-one training expert training in the student’s act or genre of focus.
- Instructor-led training in professional/career preparation (auditions, festivals, demo reels, networking etc.)
- Group classes in dance, theater, strength/weight training, flexibility, core conditioning and injury prevention.
- Opportunities to work with Acclaimed guest teacher artists
- Students will have access to the expansive CJ arena for individual training on selected weekday mornings. The big top is climatically-controlled with 40+ foot ceilings, 12,000 SF arena matted floor, 6 points on track and center winch access. Private studio access for creative exploration. The arena also offers a kitchen, costuming construction and weight training area.
Participation in the advanced training program:
- Students will have the option of an additional 8 hours of training per week in up to 4 classes in CJ’s advanced training program: advanced acrobatic and aerial programming and/or specialized training in ensemble acts such as: Wheel of Steel, Wall trampoline, Russian Swing, Teeterboard, Russian Cradle and Flying trapeze with world class professional teachers.
- Students will receive guidance from industry professionals to research and prepare for life as a working circus artist.
- Learn how to research and apply for festivals and jobs around the world.
- Create an act and demo reel with networking
- Receive guidance from costume professionals in costume design.
- Make international connections through a vast international network available through our professional team leaders to get a foot in the door prestigious circus organizations across the globe.
- Year One students may be featured in a specialized focus or ensemble act of their choice in the spectacular summer production which draws an annual audience of over 20,000.
- Year Two students will be featured in the holiday show extravaganza and have exciting professional opportunities with a variety of our partner circus organizations during the summer.
With unrivaled expertise, connection, and personalized attention, the Circus Juventas Professional Program will launch students on their professional journey and beyond.