Our field trips are truly magical, one-of-a-kind educational experience.
Create a Unique Experience for Your Students
Circus Juventus is a field trip destination unlike any other. Plan a day with us and we will arrange it to suit your needs:
- As a class celebration, as a reward for achieving a group goal or as a year-end day of fun.
- As an exploratory experience for any age group hungry to explore possibilities and expand their limits. Students leave Circus Juventas feeling proud and confident.
- As a community-building or team-building experience to help students grow closer as they literally cheer one another on to new heights.
- As an exploration of multiple cultures through circus arts. The circus arts have evolved in many different ways through many different cultures over the past 2,000 years. The contemporary, multi-cultural circus arts approach used at Circus Juventas is most closely associated with Montreal’s Cirque du Soleil. Our instructors and the circus arts they teach come from many countries around the world.
- As a unique off-season training experience for coaches looking for a workout that builds strength and conditioning for your team. Nothing rivals a circus arts workout for fun and conditioning. Your team will grow stronger, leaner and more coordinated and they will learn more about the essence of teamwork.
- As a circus residency in which teacher and students learn alongside our professional circus artists. Combine your current areas of study with the richness of circus arts history, hands-on workshops, and the creative process of presenting a show for colleagues and fellow students.
Two-Hour Field Trip Workshops
The adventure begins with a tour of our one-of-a-kind facility. Before they advance to the equipment, students are given training in safety procedures and a discussion of safety rules and techniques. With state-of-the-art rigging systems, students can build confidence in a carefully controlled environment. Additionally, conditioning will warm their bodies and increase their flexibility prior to their sampling of the circus arts.
Five Rotation Areas
1. Aerial: Performance of feats above the ground especially on a trapeze that promotes muscular development, agility and timing. Includes Trapeze, Spanish Web and Low Casting.
2. Acrobatics: Explore the ancient arts of acrobatic training that promote athletic powers and sense of balance and timing. Includes Tumbling, Hand-Balance, Jump Rope and Trampoline.
3. Balancing: A state of equilibrium that promotes focus and fearlessness. Includes Low Wire, Unicycle, Globes and German Wheel.
4. Juggling: Keep your eye on the balls, rings and clubs, all in the air at the same time, building hand-eye coordination and showmanship.
5. Theatre: Introduction to falling, tumbling, physical comedy and personal clown work that promotes confidence, comedy and kookiness.