Connect with coaches and other students, and keep up with skills (while learning something new!) with our live classes under our virtual big top!
Welcome to Our Virtual Big Top
Our five-week, live online summer session, running from June 1 – July 2, has plenty to offer. With over 40 classes, we have experiences for all ages and skill levels. Sign up for an entire series, or purchase individual classes week-by-week. We have something for everyone, including Mom, Dad, family, and friends. Check it out!
- Act-specific classes: Hoops, Acrobatics, Contortion, Silks, and many more! These classes will help returning students keep on track with their skills and allow new students to try their hand at something different.
- With a class structure similar to our in-person classes, content will differ depending on acts covered. Most classes will encompass students being led through strength and flexibility exercises tailored to each act. When possible, for acts that utilize equipment not available to students at home, coaches will demonstrate and break down skills on the equipment, allowing students to see the tricks performed, ask questions, and think/move through them in their homes.
- Along with skill development, most classes will include an amazing full body workout. See individual class descriptions for more in-depth information about each class.
- General conditioning classes: Sign up for a variety of diverse and fun strength, flexibility, and cardio workouts. Beginner to advanced, we’ll have you working up a sweat.
- CJ exclusive: Celebrate our international coaching staff as they combine the language and culture of their home countries with circus artistry in our one-of-kind International Coaches Series.
- Mix and match: Try one or try them all! Combine act-specific classes with conditioning classes to stay CJ strong.
Our live virtual format will allow students to interact with coaches, receive individualized instruction, learn new skills, and ask questions! Sign up for a full five-week series for a discounted price or purchase individual sessions. Each week will cover new and exciting skills and topics.
Virtual Classes Schedule
Our virtual summer session runs from June 1 – July 2, 2020.
All classes, with the exception of the Lunchtime Series classes, are 45 minutes long.
Lunchtime Series classes are each 30 minutes.
Mondays, June 1 – July 2, 2020
12:15-12:45 PM: Lunchtime Series – Full Body Strength
3:00-3:45 PM: Mini Hammock Beginner
Tuesdays, June 1 – July 2, 2020
12:15-12:45 PM: Lunchtime Series – Chair Exercises
3:00-3:45 PM: Handstands Advanced
Wednesdays, June 1 – July 2, 2020
12:15-12:45 PM: Lunchtime Series – Pilates and Yoga
3:00-3:45 PM: Handstands Advanced
4:00-4:45 PM: International Series – Strength, Conditioning, and Flexibility
4:00-4:45 PM: Dance Beginner
Thursdays, June 1 – July 2, 2020
3:00-3:45 PM: Core Conditioning
5:00-5:45 PM: Straps Beginner
5:00-5:45 PM: Strength Conditioning for Intermediate/Advanced Aerialists
Fridays, June 1 – July 2, 2020
12:15-12:45 PM: Lunchtime Series – Cross Training/Intense Full-Body Workouts
3:00-3:45 PM: Base/Porter Exercises
Perfect Your Splits
Perfect Your Backbend
Do you have questions about our virtual classes? Check out our FAQs below. If you still have questions, feel free to reach out: email email@example.com!
Registration will be conducted via our Square store. There’s no need to log into your CJ account or fill out lengthy registration documentation. Additionally, current CJ families should receive an email with class recommendations based on each student’s spring session acts/levels and a link to the Square store once registration is live.
A Zoom link will be sent 2 hours prior to the class time via the email address provided during purchase.
Participation in the virtual summer session will not impact progression in any way. A student who does not take virtual classes will not lose their spot in a class once in-person classes resume. However, we strongly encourage current CJ students to stay connected to the community, coaches, and circus friends while staying in shape and keeping their skills sharp!
We are not able to offer scholarships for our virtual summer session.
The virtual classes in our Square store (where you can register!) have been designated with different colors to easily categorize them:
Maroon – Beginner + Beginner/Intermediate
Orange – Intermediate + Intermediate/Advanced
Teal – Advanced
Green – All Ages/Open to All
Purple – Prerecorded classes
Once registration is open, you will be able to register for a class up to 11:59 p.m. two days prior to the start date/time of the class. If you want to sign up for all 5 weeks, be sure to sign up before our virtual season starts on June 1, 2020!
We have priced our virtual classes as low as possible to ensure families can stay active and healthy at home. Unfortunately, because of this low rate, we will not be able to provide any refunds or make-up classes for missed classes.