The spring session class schedule is posted, but online registration is closed. However, we are still accepting hard copy registrations until Monday, March 5th, the start of the third week of spring session. View our Find a Class page to view classes or download a hard copy of the spring session guide. Spring session begins Monday, February 19. There will be no classes the week between winter and spring session, February 12-18.
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION OPEN MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19
2018 summer camp registration opens Monday, February 19th! Check out our summer camp page for more information, including our registration link.
STEAMPUNK-INSPIRED SUMMER SHOW NEEDS SET VOLUNTEERS
Get your gears and rivets, your goggles and flight caps: We need help constructing, painting, and embellishing the set elements for our upcoming steampunk-inspired summer show. Anyone with skills in the areas of construction, painting, and crafting is welcome to help!
Work will occur on Sundays in the big top.
Email email@example.com with questions or interest!
SPRING SESSION VISITING ARTIST: LAURA CARELESS
Laura Careless is a UK-born, New York-based performing artist specializing in storytelling through dance and movement. She is a graduate of The Royal Ballet School; the Ecole-Atelier of Maurice Bejart; and the Juilliard School Dance Division. This eclectic training background and Laura’s unique performance career have established her as one of the leading dancer actresses of her generation. She is a founding member and Principal Performer of Company XIV.
Laura will be creating three to four pieces of choreography for the summer show, and we’re very excited to have her back for the seventh year in a row!
SPRING SHOW NEED-TO-KNOW INFO
- Spring show performing classes are charged for costumes during winter registration.
- Measuring for Spring Celebration Performances costumes occurs during the first week of the winter session (November 27-December 2). If your student will miss class that week, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for your student to be measured.
- Is your student wavering on whether or not he/she wants to perform? The last day to change performing status is December 18. After this date costume charges cannot be reimbursed. Please contact email@example.com to change your student’s performing status.
- Wondering which show team your student will be on? Our school administrator will be working hard throughout the winter session juggling students onto show teams. Show teams will be announced at the spring show parent meeting on February 24.
- The spring show parent meeting on February 24 will detail all you need to know about performing in the Spring Celebration Performances!
- Throughout March and April in the spring session, we hold extra practices for acts like Acrobatics, Vault Mini, Toddlers, Kinders, Globes, and Unicycle. Extra practices typically take place on Saturday afternoons, and the schedule will be announced at the parent meeting on February 24.
WINTER/SPRING SESSION VISITING ARTISTS: MARY & TYCE OF DUO TRANSCEND
They recently won the best overall performance and the audience choice awards for their duo trapeze act in The Aerial Acrobatic Arts Festival and performed the featured duo trapeze act in Cirque De La Mer at Sea World San Diego.
WINTER SESSION VISITING ARTIST: MOLLY GRAVES
Molly Graves is a Tennessee native who boasts a life-long interest in all things acrobatic. She currently resides in Brattleboro, VT, where she coaches on faculty with the ProTrack Professional Training Program at the New England Center for Circus Arts (NECCA). Molly completed NECCA’s ProTrack Program herself in 2011-12 with a focus on aerial rope and static trapeze; she has trained with professional coaches from Cirque du Soleil, Cirque Elozie, École Nationale de Cirque, Ringling Brothers, and Drapés Aériens.
Molly’s performance resume includes guest artist appearances with Acrobatic Conundrum on their 2016 “Love and Gravity” tour; Circus Now’s 2015 International Contemporary Circus Exposure in NY; the 2014 International Aerial Acrobatic Arts Festival in Denver, CO, where she was awarded “Best Technical Performance” for her aerial rope act; Vault Festival of Aerial Arts in Houston, TX; Carolina Aerial & Dance Exchange in Charlotte, NC; and in collaborations with Susan Murphy at The Marsh Studio in Darien, GA. Additionally, Molly counts herself lucky to be a member of the inspiring & empowering company Girls on Trapeze.
COMING SUMMER 2018...
ANNOUNCING THE SPRING CELEBRATION 2018 THEME: CIRCUS WORLD FAIR
To learn more about our 2018 Spring Celebration Performances, visit our Spring Show page.
VISITING ARTIST: BELLO NOCK, CLOWN EXTRAORDINAIRE!
2017 SPRING CELEBRATION PERFORMANCES PICTURES ARE READY
Bill Raab: Exposed to Light Photography
Each gallery requires a password. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for this information, or refer to the family newsletter sent on 5/19/17.
Throughout the past year, Circus Juventas has released a series of “Insider Guides” to provide background information on Circus Juventas’ various programs. Browse the complete series below. The Insider Guide to Registration is the most recent addition and provides insight on registration myths, How-To’s, and Tips and Tricks to navigating the online system.
To learn more about our Annual Gala, our biggest fundraiser of the year, click here >> http://circusjuventas.org/annual-gala/
You can mark your calendars for all important dates happening under the Big Top here >> http://circusjuventas.org/family-portal/
You can peruse our past show pages to watch highlight reels, read show summaries, reviews and full articles about each performance. Check out our Media Library here>> http://circusjuventas.org/media-library/
It can sometimes be a bit difficult to navigate through a program as complex as ours. If you have questions, check out our progressions here>> http://circusjuventas.org/level-progression/
To read more about our class and to see our schedule please visit our class finder here>> http://circusjuventas.org/classes/