SPRING SHOW 2017
“Sequins, Sawdust, Nouveau and Now!”
From ancient Chinese acrobatic traditions to the avant garde spectacle of Cirque du Soleil, the circus arts have a long international history filled with a variety of performance styles, costuming practices and wondrous physical feats. This Spring, we will celebrate the breadth of that diversity in a display we’re calling “Sequins, Sawdust, Nouveau and Now!”
2017 Spring Show Performance Dates:
Yellow Show: Wed April 26 @ 7pm, Fri April 28 @ 7pm & Sat April 29 @ 1pm
Blue Show: Thur April 27 @ 7pm, Sat April 29 @ 7pm & Sun April 30 @ 1pm
Purple Show: Thur May 4 @ 7pm, Fri May 5 @ 7pm & Sat May 6 @ 1pm
Basic Information for all Spring Show Performers:
- Costumes are $75.00 per performing class/act and were charged with Winter Session registration. Accessories such as fishnets and shoes are determined later and are billed with Spring Session registration (where applicable).
- Students were measured for costumes the first week of Winter Session classes. Costumes have now been ordered, and performers will receive their costumes at their assigned Tech/Dress rehearsal. (Toddlers/Kinders will get their costume during their last week of Spring Session classes since they arrive to the performances in costume. More details on that at the Spring Show Meeting, February 25 @ 4pm.)
- PERFORMING STATUS
- If you are registered for a performing class, we assume you are performing UNLESS you tell us otherwise. The deadline for notifying us of this status was December 19th. At this point, a costume has already been ordered for your performer and you will either be charged a cancellation fee or, if cancelling with the company is no longer an option, will have a costume that you can pick up after the shows are completed. If you have not notified Admin Staff of this change in performing status, please let us know immediately with an email to Kasey@circusjuventas.org.
- SPRING SHOW MEETING
- Pencil in ALL Spring Show dates: Show Teams are announced at the Parent Meeting, February 25 @ 4pm. Please note, students taking more than one class and/or families with more than one student in performing classes are likely to have more than one show team assignment. (If you have a conflict with one of the performance dates, email Kasey@circusjuventas.org immediately as Admin Staff are crafting those schedules now. We try to accommodate conflicts as much as possible, but it’s not guaranteed.)
- EXTRA PRACTICES
- Just a head up that many acts require additional Saturday practices to prepare for the show during the Spring Session. These extra practices allow acts to practice in the center arena that may not have access to that space during their regular class time. Some acts may be combining performers from multiple class times, and these extra practices allow those performers a chance to work together. Acrobatics, Vault Mini Tramp, Unicycle, German Wheel, Juggling, Globes, Toddlers, and Kinders have all traditionally had extra practices in the past, but depending on the combination of acts this year, it’s possible any act could be assigned an extra practice. Extra practices happen on Saturdays during the Spring Session after our regular classes are done at 2:15pm. The schedule of specific acts and their practice days/times will be available at the Parent Meeting, February 25 @ 4pm.