We believe in providing ordinary children extraordinary opportunities at Circus Juventas … which creates and fosters the idea that our students do not feel boundaries or obstacles in imagining and building their future. – Founder, Elizabeth “Betty” Butler
Mission: Circus Juventas is a 501(c)3, non-profit performing arts circus school for youth dedicated to inspiring artistry and self-confidence through a multicultural circus arts experience. Vision: To be the world’s premier youth circus performing arts organization, recognized for providing innovative programming, world-class training and professional-level performances in a state-of-the-art circus center. Values: Building self-confidence is an important part of our mission and is achieved through creating an environment that encourages leadership and life skills, teamwork, athleticism, artistry, pursuit of excellence and community service. Combining athleticism with the arts, the values of Circus Juventas include:
- Fostering a sense of belonging so that all children and youth, coaches, staff and collaborators feel welcome, safe, accepted and valued for who they are.
- Creating a culture of teamwork in which all students play an equally valuable role. This notion extends to the wider community who, when united under a common goal, are respected, trusted, supported and celebrated and practice open and honest communication.
- Embracing the power of mentoring in which boys and girls of all ages work side by side as equals, learning together the values of discipline and hard work.
- Training all children as a team, from superior athletes to those less gifted.
- Honoring the individual by supporting self-discovery, PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT and responsibility, breakthrough achievement, enhanced self-esteem and appropriate risk-taking.
- Teaching students the value of contributing to society through performances at community and charitable events.
Circus Juventas is committed to striving for new levels of excellence in artistry, athleticism, mental acuity and creativity.
Circus Juventas works to ensure that all people have equal access to its performing arts classes, performances, employment and volunteer opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
Upon request, information can be made available in alternative formats. Also upon request, reasonable accommodation will be made to allow individuals with disabilities to participate in all Circus Juventas services, programs and activities.