Please see below for opportunities available at Circus Juventas
Life at Circus Juventas is about striving for new levels of excellence in artistry, athleticism, mental acuity and creativity. The largest circus school in North America is seeking candidates who have a broad intellectual perspective, strong leadership skills, and a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism to a complex and unique school. Circus Juventas enrolls 1,000 students in our year-round out-of-school program, and 400 students in six weeks of summer day camps. The School Administrator is responsible for taking a practical overview of the implementation and administration of all aspects of the program and must have:
- Experience necessary to manage the complex scheduling of classes/coaches/resources, quarterly class registration and payment process, student attendance, scholarship and work-study programs, customer service/communications, and ticket sales operations (through third party).
- Ability to work productively, creatively and collaboratively with artists, coaches, students, and parents
- You will be a key element of connectivity between executive, administrative, artistic departments, bringing cohesion, integration and efficiency to the circus arts school
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years administrator experience or similar role
- Familiarity and experience with the Microsoft Office suite
Our ideal candidate is an experienced administrator, effective manager, communicator and multi-tasker who also has experience in and/or is willing to embrace an atypical environment. School administrator must be knowledgeable or interested/invested in learning about circus arts curriculum and lingo, and unique requirements for each act. This is a full-time exempt position which will include evening/weekend hours as needed, particularly during quarterly registration periods and performances. School administrator supervises two FT and three PT staff to cover extended-hours front desk coverage in the evenings. Candidates with Blackbaud (Education Edge, Net Community, Raiser’s Edge) experience strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a candidate who will make a real and visible difference in the administrator role at Circus Juventas. A candidate who:
- Learns and grows within the international environment of our coaching staff
- Attends our student productions – celebrates with us and contributes to our success
- Observes our student artists in training
- Is an active part of the world youth circus arts community and becomes involved in our Circus Juventas family
Circus Juventas is a tax-exempt non-profit performing arts circus school for youth, dedicated to inspiring artistry and self-confidence through a multi-cultural circus arts experience. Offices, classes and performances are housed in our permanent Big Top. Founded in 1994, programs have expanded exponentially and we offer hundreds of unique classes each year. This is a dynamic organization with new classes being created each year. Please visit our website for more info about the organization and details about curriculum and classes.
All interested parties should email or mail cover letters & resumes by June 2nd, 2017
Life at Circus Juventas is about striving for new levels of excellence in artistry, athleticism, mental acuity, and creativity. We are seeking an outgoing, friendly, customer-service driven individual for a shared part-time position at Circus Juventas in the Highland Park neighborhood of St Paul. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and multi-tasker who also has experience in and/or is willing to embrace an atypical environment. We require a clear and thorough individual who can think and problem solve quickly and with ease. S/he has a reliable grasp on all standard office-related tasks– filing, typing, phone call & email response, customer service, etc. – but also enjoys an atypical environment. (Your desk is in the entrance to our circus arena.)
Knowledge of the Microsoft suite is necessary and an ability to learn Blackbaud/other database systems is essential. The perfect candidate must also be interested in engaging in and learning basic operations of the organization, including standard “circus lingo.” An interest or background in the arts is a plus although not necessary, as the job entails interactions with a cross section of the local artistic community.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Processing student registrations
- Processing payments and generating statements/thank you letters
- Answering questions about our programming and the registration process
- Directing inquiries to the appropriate division/staff member for more detailed discussions
- Selling tickets as part of the Circus Juventas box office (mid-March through early May and July-August)
A full-time candidate or shared part-time candidates must be able to work a schedule that includes the following hours: Monday-Friday, 2:00-8:30 pm and Saturdays 8:30 am-2:30 pm. This is not seasonal or short-term work.
Circus Juventas is a tax-exempt non-profit performing arts circus school for youth, dedicated to inspiring artistry and self-confidence through a multi-cultural circus arts experience. Offices, classes and performances are housed in our permanent big top. Founded in 1994, programs have expanded exponentially, and we offer hundreds of unique classes each year. This is a dynamic organization with new classes being created each year. Please visit our website for more information about the organization and details about curriculum and classes.
All interested parties should email or mail cover letters & resumes to HR@circusjuventas.org or Circus Juventas (Attn: HR), 1270 Montreal Ave, St Paul MN 55116.
No calls, please.
HOW TO APPLY
Circus Juventas works to ensure that all people have equal access to its performing arts classes, performances, employment and volunteer opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation.